Her then current Shopify store sold services as a digital product alongside physical products and third-party items that were unrelated to interior design (skincare & hair products)
Create distinct user journeys so that the visitor clearly understood that Copper Dust is:
- An Interior Design Studio providing services in-person and through virtual consultations
- A Home goods shop
- A supporter of African women-led business initiatives
Client had a strong following in interior design
- Review of the Client’s profiles on Houzz, an interior design hub, and other platforms showed that she already known for this work but visitors did not know how to contact her directly for services.
- Her Shopify store made the journey too difficult.
The Shopify store was a starting point for a multivendor shop
- Client revealed these motivations after detailed interviews
PROPOSED SOLUTION & DESIGN RATIONALE
Create two separate, leaner platforms:
- Build a new interior Design studio website that takes advantage of her current reputation in the field
- Redesign her Shopify store to clearly guide the user to:
- convert old clients into new buyers of handmade Vanessa Agyemang lamps
- educate visitors around her ethical and social initiatives
- encourage buyers to support African women-led businesses
Because of the confusion and messy architecture, the Shopify store led to a high bounce rate. Once she had a dedicated space for her design clients, Agyemang began to direct old clients to studio website while promoting homeware exclusively on Shopify.
Web Design (UX / UI)
Web Design exploration focused on highlighting the details in interior styling.The home page features full-width images of some rooms and detailed shots of home décor items sourced by our Client. Each design project has its own dedicated page with a photo gallery.
We created custom icons to showcase the studio’s commitment to sourcing the best quality items for clients.
- Animation as image loads
- Animation on scroll
- Animation on hover
- Custom code
EB Garamond in large titles sits in contrast to the minimalist strokes of Josefin Sans, a typeface that is easy to read on the web.
*Related project: Copper Dust London Shop.
Tools Used: Squarespace, Figma.